Christmas - Es weihnachtet!


This weekend, The Family decided to spend Christmas eve at my home, instead of our Mum's - she won't have a tree in her flat "any more". I feel very grown-up now, and, lying in bed last night, immediately started making mental lists of what I needed to buy, what delicacies I have to fill the fridge with, what I could cook, what's for pudding etc.etc. First things first, today, we went to Aldi to get in the booze - yeah I know I swore not to shop in places that destroy milk prices, but we are having an economic crisis! The ridiculous thing is - it's all just a big excuse, because my family each drink a thimbleful of bubbly, and my Mum's motto is "I have no appetite" (Not true, by the way. She is just bored with her own cuisine and happily applied herself to Mick's rather hot curry). Also, after one Christmas of a "no presents" rule, we all decided that no presents is depressing and returned to "strictly one present each" which means: anything goes. Now, I feel, Christmas can come - I am ready!

Am Wochenende beschloss unsere Familie, dass dieses Jahr bei mir gefeiert wird anstatt wie bisher bei meiner Mutter - sie will "keinen Christbaum mehr". Ich wurde gleich sehr aufgeregt, endlich darf ich groß aufkochen! Einkaufen - Vorräte - Wein - Sekt - juhu! Wir fuhren als erstes zu Aldi - ja ich schäme mich ja, dieser Preiszerstörer, Milchbauernunterdrücker, aber was soll's - Konjunkturkrise! Eigentlich ein Witz, weil von meiner Familie ich die einzige bin die mehr als ein Gläschen Sekt trinkt, und meine Mutter immer wieder mit dem Satz punktet "Hunger kenn i ned!". Stimmt nicht, sie hat nur keinen Bock mehr auf ihr eigenes Essen. Sogar Micks garnicht so mildes Curry hat sie ge-staubsaugert! Dieses Jahr gibts auch wieder Geschenke, nach einem geschenkfrei politisch korrekten, aber eher trübseligen Heiligen Abend letztes Jahr. Auf geht's, Weihnachten!

Comments

  1. aaaah
    'anything goes' *giggle*
    and your mother is so cute
    she prefers the good cooking of her family
    wish you all a very great christmas season
    and don't bother to present those lovely food pictures and the wonderful recipes *giggle*
    best wishes
    birgit ursa53

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment